The Physiotherapists at Performax Health Group have a high commitment to our standard of care and believe that communication and collaboration between therapists and, quite often, your physician, will ensure the best possible chance for full recovery and a successful return to function.
Treatments typically last from 1-1 ½ hours. Home exercise regimes also play a big part of a patient’s recovery process and clients that follow these regimes almost always have faster recovery times.
Our physiotherapy clinic offers a state of the art ultrasound unit called Autosound TM. This machine allows for a six to seven-fold increase in efficiency in tissue healing and inflammatory control over traditional ultrasound and is a favorite among our “weekend warrior” and elite athlete population for “shutting down” acute injury. We also are excited to introduce a new exercise software application from Physiotec TM. This application allows us to build you a custom exercise program with step by step instruction and video footage for each exercise. After we have built your program we then e-mail you the link and with one click you’re on your way! It’s that easy.
The following is a list of some of the most common conditions our physiotherapists treat:
- Mechanical Pain of the lower back (lumbar), mid and upper back (thoracic) and neck (cervical)
- Disc Herniation in the lumbar and cervical region with/without referred pain to legs or arm
- Post surgical rehabilitation/Post fracture rehabilitation
- Sprains (ligamentous tear or disruption) of neck, back, shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle
- Strains (muscular tear or disruption) of neck, back, shoulder, arm, hip, thigh, leg
- Tendonitis (patellar, tennis or golfer’s elbow etc.)
- Mal-alignment syndrome of the pelvis (arguably one of the most common causes of chronic low back pain)
- Tension or Trigger Point Headache