Matthew completed his Bachelors of Science in Physiotherapy in 2013 from Manchester Metropolitan University in Manchester, England. He began his career as a personal trainer where he built a strong skill set in the development of strength and performance. Matthew places strong emphasis on accurate assessment and diagnosis in order to truly identify the root of a client’s pain/dysfunction. He believes in an individual approach to care with his clients and uses a multitude of skills such as hands-on manual therapy, acupuncture/ IMS, myofascial release, education and corrective exercise in order to best manage each individual’s needs.
Matthew is passionate about expanding his knowledge base and has his Level 2 Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy and is pursuing further Manual Therapy Levels and a Sports Physiotherapy Certificate. In his practice he works with a wide array of clients ranging from athletes of all levels to individuals looking to optimize their health or recover from a traumatic injury.
When Matthew is not working in the clinic he enjoys playing soccer, football and self-development in the gym along with volunteering within the local sports community.
- Bachelors of Science in Physiotherapy MMU (2013)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified personal trainer (2013)
- Level 2 Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy
- The Football Association (FA) Level 1 Sports Coaching
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada (AFCI) certified (2015)
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling (FDN) Level 1 (2015)
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Responder (2015)